Shelf Brackets — Extensions

The trickiest part of the build so far has been the (optional) shelf bracket extensions. I'm not sure if they're worth all the extra effort, but I didn't want my benchwork limited to standard bracket widths or customized to my wall stud locations in case I ever have to move. They're made from strips of 3/4" plywood glued into C-channels and require very tight tolerances to fit snugly over the brackets.


Here's what the brackets / benchwork extensions look like in place:
Extensions not fully seated to try different layout heights.

Now I can build standardized benchwork modules, easy-peasy.

Comments

  1. Aren't those O-channels, like the O-train? Maybe I'm just not up on current terms. ANYWAY, the progress looks great, Derek! And I like your thinking about future flexibility. There's nothing sadder than a layout built into its room that is never meant to move but at some point inevitably has to.
    Keep up the great work,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easier to align / clamp a rectangle together than a C- or L- shape so the 4th side is just a temporary helper. Glad to have you following along with the build, Eric.

      Delete

Post a Comment